By enveloping the house in a protective layer, external wall cladding can boost the energy efficiency of a home. Vinyl cladding is particularly effective in:
- Improving the insulation of a home
- Boosting thermal efficiency
- Reducing indoor temperature variations
- Saving on energy bills
- Adding an R-value of 1.5 with correct installation to the framework
What is R- value and how does insulation work?
R-value is defined as the ability of a material to resist heat flow through it. The higher the value, the better it is at resisting heat. In creating an energy efficient home, the aim should be to try and achieve the maximum possible insulation for walls, roof and floors of the house.
Vinyl Cladding provides your home with insulation in a few different ways:
- By installing the vinyl cladding alone, the home gets a layer of insulation against the elements.
- The trapped air between the wall and the external vinyl cladding is also a source of insulation. This air gap works effectively as long as there is no moving air.
- A layer of insulating material such as fibreglass batts or polystyrene foam installed between the vinyl cladding and the wall can provide very significant energy savings.
- Insulplank – the vinyl cladding purpose designed for high energy efficiency comes with perfectly contoured foam backing and has the potential to provide an R rating of 3, when professionally installed.
- Our vinyl cladding thermal backing is available in a few different thickness options – 15mm, 20mm and 30 mm depending on the product.
Vinyl cladding is the material of choice for those wanting to create an energy efficient home without making any significant changes to the existing exterior. As our vinyl cladding can be installed over brick, render or concrete it is easy to create an energy efficient home with no disruption.
Vinyl Cladding Professionals are certified experts and perform installation, inspection and maintenance of insulated vinyl cladding. If you have any questions or would like to know more about how vinyl cladding can boost the energy efficiency of your home, give us a call and one of our experts will be happy to help.
For more detailed insulation facts, download the fact sheets below
Download Fact Sheets below.