External wall cladding from Vinyl Cladding Professionals is ideally suited for all types of new construction including new homes, extensions, and upper-storey additions. With growing demand for energy efficient homes that have a durable and maintenance free exterior façade, there has been growing interest in vinyl as an external wall cladding. A few of the benefits that new homeowners love are:
- It is a very versatile product and suits all architectural styles from traditional to modern contemporary.
- It is highly durable and comes with a lifetime warranty. That makes it highly unlikely that they would ever need to replace it.
- It provides effective protection against moisture and insect rot.
- It creates a highly energy efficient home with the potential to reduce energy bills by 20%
- It is maintenance-free which is a big advantage for time poor families of today. The colour is bonded, so there is no repainting required and is very easy to clean.
- Our vinyl cladding has a unique UV protection technology which ensures that the colour won’t fade for many years.
- Our vinyl cladding comes with a superior fastening and locking system, which ensures a high-quality installation.
- It is a cost-effective product, both at the point of purchase and in long term running costs.
Recommended installation for new construction:
- Type B cladding should be installed over plywood or fibre cement sheets over stud work with 450 centres.
- Sarking foil such as Silverwrap should be used as insulation. This wall wrap reflective insulation is extremely tough and can be used over new framework to provide waterproofing and improved insulation. It complies with Australian Standards AS/NZS 4859.1 and is fire retardant, UV stabilised and 97% reflective.
- The external wall cladding should be used with foam backing of 15mm, 20mm or 30 mm to achieve the recommended R-value for walls. Levelwall foam gives a smooth, level surface over stud work and provides extra insulation from extreme temperature. It also results in better acoustics by blocking external noise. It meets the rigid support requirements of Australian standards. The other benefits include:
- Ease of measuring and cutting ensured by grid pattern
- Simple to cut around windows and doors
- Seals effectively at joints and lays flat for cutting
- Fan-fold packs of 17.7 sq metres in 24 panels
Upper storey additions and extensions:
One of vinyl qualities biggest advantages is its lightweight structure which makes it perfectly suited for a new storey or extending the house. It is also ideal for hard to access areas such as roof gables and eaves.
Vinyl Cladding Professionals are certified in the installation, repair and maintenance of external vinyl cladding for homes. If you need more information on using it for a new home or extension call us and one of our experts will be happy to help.
Download Fact Sheets below.