Board and Batten: Highlighting the Modern Look
Board and Batten is a vertical profile vinyl cladding which is often used to highlight modern architecture. Used on an entire building, or just one storey, it can be installed exactly like the regular vinyl panels, and blends really well with stone, brickwork or timber.
Board and Batten are frequently used in a backyard structure like a granny flat, home office, or gym or just a shed. The vertical panels give these low-ceilinged, small buildings an illusion of height and scale.
This product has tough, thick panel walls that have superior impact resistance. It comes in a low gloss wood grain finish that looks like timber so you don’t have to compromise on the natural look. Just as in all our other products, the vertical board can be insulated with foam to provide energy savings.
It has the same fantastic advantages vinyl cladding is well-known for:
- Maintenance-Free: Vinyl cladding has bonded colour and does not need repainting.
- Every colour in Sentry range comes with the Colour-Rich UV protection technology.
- We are so confident of colour retention that we offer a Lifetime Fade Protection Warranty.
- Easy and secure installation: Vinyl cladding is lightweight, easy to transport and install.
- Our SecureLock self-aligning locking system is designed to snap together for extra fastening strength, keeping joints uniform and snug.
- The Rolled-Double nailing clip provides extra board rigidity and wind load resistance.
- Our securing system is so good we are the only Australian company whose products are certified for use in high wind areas up to C4 category winds.
- Certifications and Warranties: Our vinyl cladding is among the most rigorously tested in Australia.
- Excellent performance characteristics in fire situations
- Can achieve an R-value of 3 when professionally installed
- Certified for acoustics reduction
- Comes with transferable product lifetime warranty
If you need the extra room – for a teenage retreat, man cave or her space – don’t let anything stop you. Speak to our consultants and they will walk you through your options.